(AY2017/2018, Sem 1) NUS FAS1102 : Public Communication and Writing Review

Module Title: Public Communication and Writing
Module Code: FAS1102
Taken in AY2017/2018, Semester 1.
Tutor: Ms Sher Lin

Components
Percentage
Grade
Blog
35%
67/100
Oral Presentation
35%
69/100
Finals
10%
7.1/10
Class Participation
20%
-
Final Grade: B+                              

What is it about?

     FAS1102 is an essential module for FASS and it is pre-allocated to students during year one. This module generally teaches one how to write blog posts and how to do a good oral presentation.

Review


     I am glad that I got Ms. Sher Lin as my tutor. She is really passionate about FAS1102 and share with us many of her own valuable experiences in public writing and communication. However, she can be a little strict when it comes to pre-readings so please do read it up before classes. She does call out students to answer her questions so unless you want to get on her bad side, do your readings. 

      Did badly for the blog component as one of my group member wrote a different message from us and the tutor marked us based on his/her conveyed "message". Didn't put in much effort for the module afterwards as I knew I can't get a decent grade after scoring badly for the blogpost. Initially, I planned to S/U the module but as a freshman, I was worried that I may score worse in the next semester so I didn't S/U the module in the end (which I deeply regret as I ended up only using 4 out of 5 of my year one's S/Us....). 

      Do try to find a topic that you have interest in (and that you can expand on) as it gets kind of draggy having to work on the same topic for weeks.


      Overall, I do not really like the module because of all the drama caused. However, I must admit that FAS1102 taught me a lot of useful techniques on oral presentation and I have been using these techniques ever since. I mean, well, since you are in it, why not get the most out of it?

Ratings

2.7/5

Comments

Popular Posts